This product is no longer in stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
|Camera Mount||Fuji GFX|
- Design for adapting Hasselblad V-mount Lens to Fuji GFX (G-mount) cameras.
- Makes lens 0.71x wider. Crop Factor for Fuji GFX format relative to 6x6 film format: 1.03x.
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 stop.
- Increase MTF.
- Patented 6-element/4-group optical design incorporating ultra-high index tantalum-based optical glass by Caldwell Photographic in the USA.
- Positive-lock V lens mount (patent granted).
- Lens Compatibility: Any Hasselblad V Mount lens. Cocking and firing of internal leaf shutters are not supported, but lenses with this feature are fully usable by using the Fuji GFX focal plane shutter.
- Aluminum Alloy and Brass Construction with Chromium Plating.
- Black Satin and Satin Chrome exterior; Black Matte interior.
- Detachable Arca Swiss-type quick release plate with 360-degree rotation collar.
The new Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x is an ideal match for 6x6 Hasselblad V lenses since they can now be fully utilized as they were originally designed when mounted to the Fuji GFX. Unlike 35mm format lenses used on the Fuji GFX via glassless adapters, Hasselblad V lenses adapted to the GFX via the Speed Booster Ultra are completely free of disturbing vignetting and other corner issues.
In addition to increasing the field of view and lens speed, the new Speed Booster Ultra achieves superb performance by being carefully matched to the unique optical characteristics of the Hasselblad V lenses. All of the Hasselblad V lenses were analyzed for exit pupil size and location, and this was fully taken into account in the new Speed Booster Ultra for the Fuji GFX. This approach dictated the use of extremely large lens elements throughout in order to avoid vignetting and maintain high-quality imagery into the corners, but the results speak for themselves.
Like all Metabones Speed Boosters, the Hasselblad-V to GFX Speed Booster Ultra is optimized to fully account for the camera’s filter stack located near the sensor surface. This is especially critical when using high-speed optics like the 110mm f/2, which becomes a high-performance 78mm f/1.4.
In addition to superb optical performance, the Hasselblad-V to GFX Speed Booster Ultra is equipped with an extremely robust cine-style positive locking mechanism to ensure that no play occurs during focusing. This is especially important when using Hasselblad V lenses for cine work because even though they provide a very smooth focus movement, they tend to require more torque than lesser lenses. The new Ultra also includes a very sturdy 360-degree rotation collar and extra length Arca Swiss style tripod mounting plate.
No customer reviews for the moment.